Friday, February 12, 2010

During the Winter Olympics...

A while back I did some spinning from a roving I got from Taos Sunflower Too. This is #131 from Martie's Free Fall series and I was able to get 554 yards from 4 oz.
I started thinking about this skein this morning at knitting group at the Mockingbird Cafe when Eileen pulled out a shawl she's been working on called Luna Moth. Eileen mentioned that she would like to see the shawl made up in a multicolor yarn, something that would be like the colors of the moth. I didn't look up the colors of the moth, but she mentioned greens and browns, and though this doesn't have much brown in it, it came to mind.

This photo is a bit blurry but shows the effect of the two ply. At the beginning of the skein there are also longer expanses of solid color.
I visited the Yarn Harlot's blog this morning and read about her winter olympics challenge, (cast on a challenge to you pattern during the opening ceremonies and finish by the time the flame is doused at the end of the olympic games) and decided that I would combine this yarn and the Luna Moth pattern to see what the result will be.
Eileen assures me that it should be quick so I am hoping that I can meet the challenge and still work on Madli's shawl so as not to fall behind.
Sometimes deadlines help to get things done!






2 comments:

  1. what lovely colors this yarn is! will need to look up luna shawl pattern--am sure you are up to the task of completing this shawl within the allotted time. Photos forthcoming, I assume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I get enough to photograph I will post! Doesn't Martie do beautiful colors? I learn a lot from her!

    ReplyDelete