Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A New KAL

Yet another wip as I jump into a KAL on Ravelry: Adventures in Lace. It sounds about my speed as there are no rules other than to start February 1 or thereabouts and to have fun. Any pattern and any yarn can be used, so I decided to use the beautiful Copper colorway in Aurora Yarn's Whisper. I decided to start Madli's shawl from Knitted Lace of Estonia, another unusual step for me, as it is a rectangular shawl, and I seem to knit more triangular shapes. However this pattern has tons of nupps and who doesn't like nupps? I am not sure the nupps will show up very well with the handpainted yarn, but I am going for it and hoping for the best!
In the meantime I am still searching for stitch patterns to use for 'Dreaming of California Sunsets' colorway, and this one will be a triangular shawl.
Back to knitting.

2 comments:

  1. I would think you'd have not problem with lace knitting any pattern--you are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl, I do love knitting lace so much. I guess it is like any knitting or weaving project, so exciting to see what is going to happen in the next row or pick. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete