Thursday, February 11, 2010

Madli's Progress

I am about to finish the eighth repeat of a twelve row pattern, only twenty-three left to go, if I don't make it longer. I am enjoying the pattern, especially the nupps, which show up on row five and row eleven. Twice I had problems with a nupp, once when I knit two of the seven loops for one nupp as separate stitches and therefore had too many stitches on the next row, and once I got too enthusiastic and knit the next stitch together with the loops of the nupp and lost a stitch. It is definitely not a pattern to work when sleepy, but overall is a relatively easy pattern to work, it has its own rhythm.
What makes lace so addicting? I hardly wish to knit anything else! Good thing there are so many intriguing patterns to make, as well as experiments in putting together one's own ideas to come up with a new twist.
Back to Madli's.

1 comment: