Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Skeins from recent dyeing bout here look like meringues one might find at a tea party hosted by the Queen of Hearts. First there is Morning Blush, next is Dreaming of California Sunsets and the little puff below is Sunrise, Sunset, in which I plyed one strand of each of the first two together.
Every form the skein takes shows off the colors differently, that is why knitting the yarn is such a pleasing experience, and tends to go so fast, as I can hardly wait to see what color is going to come up next. I decided to once again try a triangular shawl, but this time am venturing to try my hand at something original. Perusing Walker's Treasuries and other stitch dictionaries I have come up with a start.

From the first Walker book I chose a "pretty and popular pattern" called English Mesh Lace to begin. It took a little time and about four starts before I got the pattern to work for me in the triangle shape, working out the increases and where to start the pattern, and though I don't have a lot on the needles I do like how it is working up and now have to choose a second pattern stitch. What fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment