Thursday, November 26, 2009

I feel that I have been away for an age, although it was only ten days that we were in San Diego visiting friends and family. One of the many highlights of our trip was visiting the Cedros Garden Center in Solana Beach where we saw this charming fountain. Another attraction of the center for me is that my nephew Matt works there as manager. I have always been fond of his quiet ways and when he smiles he is so handsome!



The day after we arrived I was able to meet with the knitting group we had formed before I left San Diego. Left to right are Leilani, Anissa, Priscilla and Jessica. Priscilla (6 years old) learned to knit that very day, and Jessica is also a new member of the group. Anissa was so quick to pick up knitting that I called her my assistant; if anyone needed help casting on, Anissa came to the rescue.
It was always so much fun to meet with these girls and their moms, as, besides knitting, we would eat! And that day was no exception. Graciela and Dario made a fabulous 'carne asada', Mexican style grilled meat, with all the trimmings, and then of course there was always dessert!


I could not have gone to California and not gone to Dog Beach in Del Mar to watch Nani, the surf diva catching some waves. Here we see Peter walking Nani out in the water to where she could catch a wave. The waves were rather boisterous that day, but Nani rode three or four of them all the way to the beach, where Kiki, her companion Bernese Mountain dog was waiting to greet her and the two frolicked in the surf till Peter caught up with them to take Nani out for some more. It is quite a sight to see this large animal stand her ground, er, board, and enjoy it so much. She attracts her fair share of attention, but a caution. You don't want to stand too close when they come out of the water and she begins to shake. You can check out her blog: NaniSurf Diva.Blogspot.com.



One of our last days we went to the San Diego Bay area and had a delicious meal at Point Loma Seafoods. I think that I was the only one of my siblings that did not work there during high school, but we have always enjoyed their restaurant. While waiting for our meal (fish tacos, fried shrimp sandwhich, yum) we enjoyed these pelicans who seemed to be gathering for a reunion. Actually, where else would pelicans gather than where the sport fishing boats come in to port and just off one of the best seafood eateries in San Diego?
There was so much to do and see. I will post a few more photos next time, very shortly.




No comments:

Post a Comment