Saturday, October 17, 2009

Back to Matisse

In an effort to finish spinning my California Sunsets roving I realized that I needed to ply the second skein of Matisse that I had on two bobbins as singles. I had a debate with myself as to how I wanted to ply these and finally decided to just spin them together as they came off their bobbins and not obsess about the colors not matching. I am re-publishing a photo of the first skein of Matisse on its bobbin to compare. What a difference!
Here the colors are crisp and clear whereas the second skein is very soft and muted.

You can see the difference in the skein off the bobbin as well.


I am tempted to repeat the Old Shale Shawl with this skein to see how different the two shawls will look. Or perhaps I will try something different. In the meantime I am off to spin the second bobbin of Dreaming of California Sunsets and dream of actually seeing a California Sunset soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment