Friday, September 4, 2009

Garden Shawl

I did finish the Garden Shawl from Evelyn Clark's Knitting Lace Triangles book. This was my first attempt at spinning a finer yarn and I did not quite achieve a lace weight or even fingering, probably more of a dk weight yarn. I just put it away until I finally decided what to do with it. The fiber was a merino/silk blend, 60%/40%, and feels wonderful. I had just enough yarn to finish this shawl leaving out one repeat of the lace motif at the end.
Even though I had to leave out a repeat the shawl still is a nice size. Will definitely work as a neck wrap in winter time. The close up gives an idea of the pattern changes in this particular shawl, at least three of the patterns: the medallion, the flower lace and the leaf lace just before the edging.

I am finishing up a baby cardigan for a 1 year size. The baby boy was born Wednesday night so I figure I have a little time to finish. But I won't procrastinate! I hope to finish it this weekend (one sleeve and button bands to go) and get it wrapped and delivered by early next week.
Then, if I can get one more ufo finished, I promise myself I can start something new! Especially since the new Fall subscription to the Roving Art club arrives the end of the month. I can hardly wait to see what Martie has for us this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment