Tuesday, August 25, 2009

One of our favorite restaurants, La Tapatia, in Picayune, is about to re-open on a daily basis. Last year before they decided to re-structure, they had a shop next door to the restaurant where they sold all sorts of products from Mexico, hence the trying on of some Charro hats. Gradually they closed the shop, or rather moved it in to the restaurant, removing over half their tables to do so. Then they cut the hours and days for the restaurant. But now they are ready to increase the size of the restaurant and hiring another cook and wait staff, so hopefully we will be able to get sopes and enchiladas and other goodies again. I can hardly wait!
Some time this spring I finished the Paloma top from French Girl knits. I had to fiddle with the pattern just a little to get something that would fit well through the shoulders without being too big through the waist.

It is a very comfortable top to wear. I used the yarn specified in the pattern. A merino/linen blend, from Louet, and comfortable fiber for all but the most humid days. The laciness makes it more wearable here in southern climes. It was fun to knit, and I have thought of making it in a cotton or cotton blend, but still must continue to work on ufos.
I am taking the week off to try organizing and simplifying and am still formulating my plan of attack, so off to work!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Penni--I like this top. I can see that will would work with handspun cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a stash of cotton fibers I would like to spin. Now I have a project to spin for! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete