Thursday, February 16, 2012

No rhyme or reason...

To my absence from these pages; here are some photos I have taken in the duration. I caught a glimpse of these babies a while ago, and had to stand on my brakes to get this shot as it was the first time they were so close to the road. So-oooh! cute!

Not sure if these every which way lines are leftover from Katrina's destruction or before; it was a beautiful day and the light was amazing, my phone- photo doesn't do it justice.

And, yes, that little orange dot is the moon rising as I headed home one evening. Talk about not doing it justice! It seemed enourmous to my eye and the color was beautifully reflecting the sunset behind me.
Like many, I imagine, I've just been doing what the days call for, trying to keep up with my routine, not much time for knitting (took me two months to finish a pair of socks, aughh!). Now I am trying to sew some simple cafe curtains for a friend's new kitchen/ dining room; started another pair of socks, and have until the 24th of March to finish a shawl I started (?) a long time ago. Gave myself a deadline, hope it helps.

4 comments:

  1. It's good to hear from you, Penny. I've been thinking about you a lot lately, and missed your voice and photos...XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martie. I've been having a real debate with myself about keeping this going. It is a wonderful way to share photos and projects, and to keep in touch; often the time just gets away from me. Your encouragement helps! Thanks again, and have a safe trip to the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your photos--don't leave us! I know it's a struggle to keep posting--I'm having the same thought but winter always puts me in that mood! always love to see what you're working on--you have such talented hands. I'm knitting on Westknits shawls through his club & only those. that way I can finish something!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sorry it took me so long to get back to the blog. Your words are very encouraging and I hope to be able to keep going a bit longer. There is always something beautiful to see and then there is always something wonderful to work on. I must check out your Westknits shawls. Thanks as always for keeping in touch.

      Delete