Monday, December 5, 2011

Some more ramblings...

Not too long ago, a very breezy day, the bay was choppy and the sea birds were all hunkered down on pier pilings left over from Katrina.

This guy was eyeing the bait of a nearby fisherman. We were able to get pretty close before he started to move away.

And something I've rarely seen, on the side of a house in Bogalusa, a walking stick. Amazing.

Another view of the wrought iron balcony of 220 North Beach Restaurant, so pretty, and not in New Orleans, right here in Bay St. Louis.
I continue to work on socks and am contemplating a shawlette from the Jane Austen Knits special issue from Interweave. Dealing with sick car and hence a new car, that already has a slight transmission problem, being serviced as I write, but as it gets terrific gas mileage I am thrilled.
A beautiful day today, nice and warm, a bit of rain in the forecast, a good day to make something yummy in the kitchen. Hmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penni--just had to pop in and say 'merry Christmas'! and tell you that you do such lovely work, I'm always impressed! Although I read your blog often, I don't always write anything--wish you could come to January spin-in so we could meet in person.
    Have a super holiday season!
    Cheryl McW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl, it would be so nice to meet. Maybe I can swing it this year, not sure yet. Anyway, thank you as always for the encouragement. I always enjoy visiting your blog and seeing what you've been up to, too. Happy spindling.

    ReplyDelete