Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back at last...


Despite the silence I have been working away on Cookie A.'s Pomatomus socks and am happy to report that they feel as great on as they look. I took me awhile to get into enjoying the process on these as all knit stitches were knit tbl, but it was probably the first time I was really motivated to start the second sock right away.








I was able to finish these by the middle of August, and good thing, too, as I spent two weeks in an intensive Bible training course where I had absolutely no time to knit. But I did have a wonderful time and met people from all over, like Peru and Argentina, as well as the States.



Before heading off to school I found this shawl pattern on Ravelry, called Dianna, and find that it works beautifully with hand painted yarns. I am so looking forward to seeing what it looks like when finished and blocked.


I may have already mentioned the drop spindle class I taught at the Stitch Niche in Diamondhead. I was very pleased that almost every student was spinning quite well at the end of the class. A few of them are fired up to learn to spin on the wheel, so that will be taking place in the next week or so.
So many things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment