Thursday, December 24, 2009

Time to choose yet another pattern for the Morning Blush shawl. My second pattern is a variation of an 'Eyelet and Bead' pattern from Barbara Walker's Charted Knitting Designs. I'm using it to separate the mesh pattern from the rest of the shawl; as this is growing I am not sure if I will leave it to one more pattern or more(?). One thing, though, this fine 2 ply yarn is such a pleasure to work with, and I am looking forward to seeing this blocked when it is done.
In the meantime I had been wanting to make a pair of wrist warmers and came across this pattern in Leigh Radford's Oneskein book. Super simple to knit and the beads made it a lot of fun.

I finally got back to dyeing and discovered that I had kept my dyes too long; after eliminating anything that had spoiled I got to work and this is the result. I'm calling it Moody Blues.


I love how light reflective this is, and I am pleased with the final result shown in the 2 ply skein below. I ended up with a 4 oz.skein with 545 yards. Now to find an appropriate use for this. And time to order more dyes!





Also recently finished a knitted tie for my husband that he actually likes (!) and I finally spun up Martie's Free Fall #131, beautiful greens and golds. I have a backlog of handspun lace/fingering weights waiting for projects and also succumed to some beautiful lace weight mohair/silk in a sour lemon color that I want to do a very sheer top out of inspired by those trumpet flowers I took a photo of when we were in California. Like everyone else, I imagine, I have too many projects and too little time. But it is fun to dream about it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment