Monday, July 13, 2009

MMM



I am in Monday Morning Mode.


Slept in after a weekend away. Birmingham, Alabama, which I didn't get to see much of due to major headache, oh well. But I liked what I did see, especially the trees along the drive north. There is a definite difference from the Gulf Coast area where we live, where you can still see sights like this despite so much rebuilding. Even the green of the trees is a bit different, especially after a good downpour which the area got on Sunday.

It is good to be home. I hope to do some spinning today, and then work on the Whisper shawl. I promise a photo when it is finally finished and blocked. So, I am off to enjoy puttering this morning before settling down to work. Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for the info on your spinning--I might just try your method of splitting roving in half and plying color to color--thanks for sharing.
    I'll keep you posted on January spin-in, which is always the last full weekend in January, held in Destin, FL at The Palms. We have over 100 spinners that come for 4 days or less to just hang out and have spinning good time. No workshops or seminars, we share our projects and talk about what we are doing. It's such a laid back time and we always look forward to our time there.
    I've be unable to visit Gulf Coast since Katrina--guess I'm a coward! I have so many friends in that area who lost everything. We have such fond memories of Pass Christian and all along the coast. Early January there is a regional Roc Day--think it will be held in Lake Charles or Lafayette, LA in 2010.
    Happy treadling!
    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not on Ravelry. I am so slow on getting up to speed on the internet that I haven't attempted it yet. Perhaps my next step?

    ReplyDelete