Saturday, July 25, 2009

In the works...

Does anyone else work like this, with many projects growing at the same time? This photo was taken about a month and a half ago and shows some of the projects I have been working on. The Whisper shawl, so called because I am using Aurora Yarn's Whisper handpainted lace yarn, is now a full triangle with just the lace edging to be finished across the top of the triangle, excuse me, the hypotenuse. The 'sea mist' shawl below it is some of my handspun and I am using the 'Garden Shawl' pattern from Evelyn Clark's 'Knitting Lace Triangles'. To the left I am working on one of the samples from Melissa Leapman's cables class. And there are too many other projects to mention, besides spinning.
Here we are at the Mockingbird Cafe where we meet on Friday mornings to knit and share. Some of our regulars are missing but here we have, left to right, Marsha, Eileen and Cherri. I caught them at an apparently somber moment, what cameras can do to people(!), but you won't find us this quiet if you visit. We welcome newcomers both to the area and to knitting, and between us there is always someone to teach knitting, or a crochet technique. There is always something to inspire us, and always encouragement to finish projects which is what I am off to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment