Thursday, October 6, 2011

And a shawl too

My fingers were itching to do something other than socks for a little bit of a break, plus I had this skein of Colinette's dyed roving that I had spun up just sitting there begging to be put to use. So I went looking for a shawl pattern and came across this one in 'Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders' edited by Judith Durant. It is the 'Petal Shawlette' by Bonnie Evans, who explains that this is an adaption of an old tablecloth design from 'The First Book of Modern Lace Knitting'. One of the things I really like about the pattern is that the center line of eyelets that usually adorn the middle of top down triangular shawls is joined by many other lines of eyelets and so seems more a part of the shawl and not just a line on which to fold the shawl when storing. I know some who consider that an eyesore.
It is growing nicely and I am enjoying seeing how the colors work out. It is not a very big piece, hence 'shawlette', but I think it will work nicely as a scarf this fall/winter.

2 comments: