Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring

About a month ago, driving along a country road, I spotted this blossoming tree, and the light was just right with the clouds and a bit of blue sky...what a revolution having a camera on hand as long as the phone is within reach! How many terrific shots I've missed because I was driving and there was no where to pull over or someone was tailgaiting or, this is more likely, I was late getting where I needed to go. We had had some rainy days back then, a couple of storms, and now it seems we're approaching summer, and we've hardly had spring! Temps in the 80's! The azaleas are starting to bloom, grasses are losing their winter paleness, trees are putting forth their lovely fresh greeness; it is hard to believe that elsewhere people are dealing with spring blizzards, not to mention the horror of what are friends are dealing with in Japan and in other disaster areas, manmade or otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Penni-we are enjoying spring in all its glory but lack so much of the rain that is needed here. I love the black skies with the contrast of the blooming pear tree. Isn't spring the best of newness?!!
    And that yarn is just so yummy!! Yes, a lovely shawl this will make. I went to Taos Sunflower website & she is on holiday--bummer! I'll keep looking as her fibers are so wonderful to spin.
    Happy treadling,
    cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sky! I also love your beautiful shawl as a banner. Missing you, hope to be better about being in touch sooner than later. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both Cheryl and Martie! I think it is too funny that you didn't recognize your beautiful roving, Martie! But yours it is and beautiful it is and I am very very happy with the yarn I was able to get from it. Still waiting to get on the needles, but hopefully soon. I always love hearing from you both.

    ReplyDelete