Friday, December 10, 2010

Beach Glass...


Another dye job..reminds me of bits of glass you sometimes find on the beach, blues and greens.
I am finding that I have so many skeins of handspun right now that I need to start knitting. However, my fingers still itch to spin and spin and spin. I came across a box of fibers from a sampler pack with many different fibers; this was a gift from a dear friend some years ago. I am glad that I waited til now to spin the fibers, most of them anyway, as I feel that I have more skills to deal with them now than I had at the time. So, perhaps if I budget my time carefully I can spin and knit. We'll see.
In the meantime I've been reminiscing..remembering something my father showed me and my brothers and sister when we were little..You hold your hands in front of your face about 8 to 12 inches away with index fingers pointing towards each other. Then you focus, not on your fingers but slightly above and beyond them. The optical illusion is that you have a little finger in between the two index fingers. If you move your fingers slightly apart it looks as if there is a cocktail weenie floating in mid-air. A great way to entertain youngsters and keep them out of the kitchen where certainly mom was busy preparing a meal. I even remember that we were on the balcony and it was a beautiful sunny day. Memories....

2 comments:

  1. Wow Penni--your colors are fabulous! No wonder you want to spin right as it dries--
    Thanks for sharing a memory of younger years....those are to be cherished and past along to others.
    Merry Christmas!! and Happy treadling & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cheryl! I do have so much fun with the colors. Happy treadling to you too.

    ReplyDelete