Thursday, April 15, 2010

more beauties

A glimpse, a spot of color caught my attention, had to stop, had to try to get this on film. The beauty of spring continues to bloom along the Gulf Coast, and I am wondering if this isn't in part why I'm not knitting so much, I just want to be outside!
How many are thinking 'get that finger out of your mouth!'? Clever little one is learning her colors and numbers. She's going to be a rascal!

On a recent cloudy day the light was so striking I had to stop and admire for a while. The beaches seem to have recuperated four plus years after Katrina and the different municipalities are working to keep them clean. I saw them putting fresh white sand along the beach in Gulfport and they had mowers cutting the grass along the roadside. The drive along Highway 90 which follows the beach pretty much from Pass Christian to Biloxi is spectacular.
As for me, I am trying to do some spinning and planning some knitting projects, have even done a little dyeing. Time to finish up what I have begun, before beginning too much more.


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, spring fever has hit you! We had a wonderful wisteria tree (I trained it as such) and loved the spring color and the bees!
    Who is the little miss? She is darling!
    I have not driven along 98 in MS since Katrina--couldn't bring myself to see, but guess next trip that way, I'll visit the coast again.
    Happy treadling and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly it! Spring Fever! The little miss is Katherine. I was acting as translater for her mother two years ago when she was born by caesarian and have been honorary grandmother ever since. And mom is expecting again!
    Happy treadling and stitching to you too. Your lovely examples may just have me trying my hand at quilting..you never know.

    ReplyDelete