Friday, June 26, 2009

The Tea Party

It has taken me days to recuperate, but the tea party was a success! One of the little girls, Montse, shortly after receiving her crown said "This is the best party ever!" Happy words. We had fun, I as much as the young ones. Four of the girls put on an amazing play based on the Bible book of Job, of all things, complete with costumes, during which none removed their recently acquired crowns. They were very nervous but did an excellent job and they did it at the beginning of the party and so were able to relax and enjoy the rest of the afternoon. Which was one of the hottest days so we stayed indoors in the air conditioned living room. We ate roasted marshmallow cupcakes(chocolate cupcakes topped with marshmallow fluff and placed under the broiler until almost burnt- you know- like roasting marshmallows for real) and had iced tea and played pictionary and 'pass the poison' (a non-chair version of musical chairs, or 'hot potato') (the 'poison' was a black furry bean bag) and as each person got eliminated they got a prize.

By the time we got to the group photo everyone was full of goodies and ready to go home. I don't think any of the parents got a good photo but this one cracked me up, so I am including it.

During the week I worked on spinning Free Fall # 115 as thinly as possible. When I had two bobbins spun, each with one half of the roving on it I plied them together and was able to get over 600 yards from 4 oz.
The colors are so pretty, once again the challenge will be to find something wonderful to knit with it.


I am now awaiting the third and last (sigh) of the spring Roving Art rovings. I can hardly wait to see what Martie has come up with this time. I know that it will be wonderful.
Now for some knitting time. Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment