Saturday, May 23, 2009






May 23rd, 2009






Good evening. Thanks to my friend Martie Moreno(and others who have asked) , I have been encouraged to start a blog, so here goes. I have subscribed to Martie's Art Roving club, through her Taos Sunflower Too shop on Etsy.com, and enjoyed spinning my first art roving. The self portrait you see here shows the result of that spinning and knitting. It was a very enjoyable spinning and knitting experience and I look forward to receiving the next package, opening it and fondling gently the fiber while I contemplate what it will become. I really like the triangle shawl/scarf shape; it shows off the yarn without becoming horridly stripey. The stripes are rather enhanced by the chevron shape.


In the meantime I am working on another lace triangular shawl from Victorian Lace Today, this one is worked from the outside edges in, and is worked in Whisper, a hand painted yarn, also yummy. On the needles are also a variety of knitted tops, one is Just One More Row, the Crystal Cove Pullover. And a 3/4 length sleeve shrug from Debbie Bliss is also begging to be finished. If I were to list everything I have started I would be here all night, and I would much rather be knitting, or spinning.

I am inspired by friends, by color, by good design, by the beauty in nature, trees and blooming flowers and I try to see the beauty that hides in everyday things. I like to keep learning. I am grateful for the generous giving of people who share what they know. So, I look forward to rambling on some more. Ciao.


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to cyberspace! I'm excited to be able to see your projects and hear about your world. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola soy artista del vidrio y te invito a conocerme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! This is definately you!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete