Thursday, June 18, 2009

Preparing for a tea party

Last week, pondering on what to do for 14 little ones to make a tea party special, I came across a photo in Interweave Knits of knitted and embellished crowns. That's it! But lo and behold the magazine did not include the pattern, it was to be downloaded. Fearful that it would no longer be available, as the magazine was the summer 2006 issue, I went to the online store at shop.interweave.com/knitting and found it. These are the Make -Believe Crowns designed by Nicholette Hoyer. Started to knit using bits and pieces of leftover Kureyon and Silk Garden from Noro and made a variety of sizes. Found some sequins in star shapes and butterfly shapes as well as different sizes of round sequins and had so much fun decorating these crowns that I am sure I have had more fun than they will! My goal is to get one good photo of the group and some individual shots if they will stay still long enough.
Here are my samples from Melissa Leapman's Celtic Cables class. Have yet to finish the larger white sample, but, you know, I've been busy!
Finally one photo of the finished Free Fall 125 yarn which made me think of the geraniums Bill planted not long ago. Now to come up with something wonderful to make with it. It feels so good, I know the knitting experience will be wonderful. Off to finish tea party preparations. Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment