Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rainy Days

So out of focus but love the brilliance of this sky, afternoon thunderstorm drifting to the east, evening sunset, bringing relief from the incredible heat we were experiencing. 105 degree heat index. Too hot to work on anything much. Just a few miles back we saw this rainbow.

By the time I got my camera out it had faded quite a bit, but again, the colors are so lovely. We have pop up thundershowers in the forecast again, but so far we haven't received rain from them. We need the rain.
As for me, it has been little projects, installing a zipper in a dress that was purchased discount because the zipper was broken, making a pair of footlets for a friend who complains of her feet being cold even in this hot weather, trying to knit a few rows on my 'beach glass' shawl, and practicing my embroidery stitches for the Daisy Chain Sampler from Alicia Paulson's posie rosy little things shop which finally arrived in the mail on Tuesday. It is lovely, I love the colors, it has been many many moons since I embroidered anything, and it just appealed to me all of a sudden. Happened to catch it before she sold out (in pre-orders no less), but you can still purchase the pattern from her shop if you wish.

In the meantime, I went a little bit crazy, let's call it the heat, shall we? And hacked off three to four inches of my hair. A pound lighter and much cooler, and it will always grow again, won't it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny: your sky photos are just amazing. We are in dire need of rain, also. Our monsoon season hasn't started yet, and the worry about dry lightning is worse than the drought in some ways.

    I thought that pile of wonderful red stuff was spinning fiber until I read your posting!!! LOL It feels good to do that once in a while, and it is, after all, a renewable resource...so have fun!

    XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martie! I hope you get some rain soon, too. We got a spritz today and more in the forecast so hopefully we'll get more.

    I wish I'd thought of saving that red stuff for spinning into something! Makes me think of that goat hair we used to make crocheted baskets out of years ago..hmmm, a red basket...

    good to hear from you as always,
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete