Friday, February 19, 2010

Luna Moth Progressing

Luna Moth shawl is moving along, it is a pleasing pattern to work and, as always, I am fascinated with how the color changes occur. I know that I am approaching an area in the skein that changes from long lengths of solid colors to more blended colors. It will be fun (I hope) to see how that changes the character of this shawl. If it does.
The stitch pattern involves using knit 3 stitches together and in the mirror image a slip one, knit 2 together, pass slip stitch over. This is appearing very nupp-like, with out the need to make a lot of stitches out of one stitch. A nice change from Madli's shawl, which I need to get back to. I am also making a pair of wrist warmers for a friend who will hopefully be able to use them before the weather warms up. It has been an unusually long and cold winter for us Gulf Coasters.

Finally, some tulips that I brought home for my husband who was home sick with a cold. As he is hardly ever sick, let alone sick enough to stay home, I thought he deserved some bright color on a cold and sleet-y day. And I got to enjoy them too!


3 comments:

  1. Hope hubby is feeling better soon. Your shawl is lovely. How did you break down the roving to spin & ply? Really enjoy seeing this progress on your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby is doing lots better, thanks!
    I split the roving in half lengthwise and filled each of two bobbins with one half of the roving, then plied them together off my lazy kate. That way I got the longest lengths of solid color. It just seems to be the way I work best.
    Thank you for your encouraging comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad DH is better--
    in answer to your ?? on my blog--the FLG pattern was a mystery for February. You can go to the group on ravelry & look for the pattern under that section. it was in steps but should be all combined now. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll send it along to you. It was quick & fun to knit.

    ReplyDelete