Monday, September 7, 2009

This is one of the views of the pretty garden outside the Mockingbird Cafe. If I time it right I can get a spot in the parking lot on the side of the building. It is always so lovely, with little pathways you can follow through the garden.



I was amazed at this moth. I was visiting a friend in Bogalusa and thought how odd it was that 'that leaf had stuck to the screen like that!' when on closer examination it turned out to be insect and not leaf! Especially the side view:

It was huge! Well, probably about 3 1/2 to 4 inches across. Huge to my eyes and such a beautifully subtle pattern. I wish I knew more about these things.


Here is my friend Bernie trying on the Whisper Shawl. Bernie lost her sweet little mother Ruthie recently to that old enemy, death. I told her that every stitch is a hug; I know it cannot replace a mother's arms, but at least it will, hopefully, remind her of how much she is loved by those of us who know her.
I finished spinning my second skein of Matisse roving and now I am having a debate with myself on how to ply it. I may even ply one bobbin by winding it into a center pull ball and plying both ends together, and then the other bobbin try Navajo plying. Then I will have a two ply and a three ply skein to play around with. Is there anything wrong with that? I think not. Lets see what I actually do!
Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment