Friday, August 14, 2009

Matisse shawl finished

I am pretty happy with the way Matisse turned out. It is a nice size, not too large, but big enough to wrap up in or to serve as scarf, just right. It measures about 60" across the top and 24" from middle top to point. The pattern is Old Shale Lace, from summer 2008 Spin Off magazine and designed by Evelyn Clark.
I was trying to get the scallops to match each other, but one side definitely wanted to scallop more than the other. I wonder why that is? I decided not to do the picot bind off, the plain bind off seems to suit this piece much better.

It is even lovely just thrown across the bed. I have someone in mind who I think this will suit wonderfully, if I can avoid the temptation to keep it!


Another photo of our Mockingbird Cafe knitting group this time with Marg and Evie. In the back, left to right: Cherri, Marsha and Evie, seated left to right, Marg and Eileen. We have a lot of fun together seeing what everyone is working on. We're still missing a few here, but this seems to be our core group.
Now that the Matisse shawl is done I am trying to finish more projects: the Crystal Cove Pullover from Just One More Row, a fluffy cotton baby cardigan from Classic Elite Yarns, and then if I'm really good I will start another shawl using one of the Free Fall yarns I've spun. And I have another Matisse roving to spin. I just saw a fabulous video on Navajo plying sent from Spin Off, and I may try tackling that on the next spinning session. Oh what fun!



2 comments: